Shopping for diamond engagement rings can feel overwhelming, but we hope to alleviate with a relaxing and informative process that navigates you to the perfect engagement ring. Generally, our approach consists of two steps –selecting the diamond and selecting the ring.
Selecting the Diamond:The “4 C’s of Diamonds” can leave you more confused than when you started. We are here to help you sort through all the technical mumbo-jumbo and get to what is really important – a beautiful diamond. We’ll give a common-sense explanation of Color, Clarity, Cut, Carat Weight, and Shape, and more importantly how they apply to the diamond you’ve selected to express your love.
- Diamond Color – from colorless to yellow, and every color in the rainbow
- Diamond Clarity – the diamond’s fingerprint that makes it a one-of-a-kind. It’s something that has caused a disturbance or impurity in the diamond during its growth.
- Diamond Cut – with an ideal diamond cut, light will go in the top of the diamond and come back out the top. A diamond cut well would show light even if submerged in mud.
- Diamond Carat Weight – all sizes available
- Diamond Shape – the profile of the diamond – round, square, oval, marquise, etc. Our best-selling shape is the round brilliant diamond.
To reference the gemological terms for each of these concepts, visit the Gemological Institute of America’s website. http://gia4cs.gia.edu/en-us/the-diamond-4-cs.htm
We would like to further educate you about diamonds in our store where we can teach you using our diamond inventory. To make an appointment, please fill out the information below.
Selecting the Ring:G. Thrapp Jewelers has several different options for selecting an engagement ring. You can:
- Choose a ring from our extensive collection of bridal designers. View some of our engagement rings.
- Create a one-of-a-kind design with our award-winning Design studio. The possibilities are endless when designing a custom engagement ring. We can make it in gold or platinum, with or without accent diamonds, from turn-of-the-century to cutting-edge modern, etc. To see some of the rings made by our Design Studio, view our custom design jewelry portfolio.
- Find an estate engagement ring from our showcase featuring designs from the various periods of jewelry design.
G. Thrapp Jewelers works with all budgets. Learn more about our financing options.
Have questions or want to make an appointment with one of our sales associates? Fill out the information below or give us a call at (317)255-5555.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]